Table of Contents
Are you tired of searching for ways as to how you can take screenshots on your HP Envy or any other device? Regardless, of your device, in this article, we are going to discuss numerous aspects and problems that can arise when one wants to take a screenshot.
Worry no more! Your solution is right here! So, let’s dive in.
HP Envy is one of the types of computers and laptops that are manufactured to be sold by HP (Hewlett Packard). The other varieties include:
HP Spectre and HP Pavilion.
HP Spectre has the best quality, followed by HP envy and lastly HP Pavilion.
One of the easiest ways of taking a screenshot on HP envy is by pressing the key right above backspace, which is labeled as Prt Sc (Print Screen), and by doing so, a picture of the whole screen will be taken. The user will then paste the picture into MS paint or Word.
In case your HP envy does not have a print screen button, then press Windows key + Shift + key all at once, thereafter select the part of the screen you want to take a screenshot of. Then, open a photo editing application such as Microsoft Paint or Photoshop where you can open a new image and click CTRL + V to paste the image.
Programs to make screenshot taking easier
A screenshot is a picture that shows data on the screen of a computer. Initially, screenshots were not widely used; they were only applicable when sharing errors on screens. Currently, screenshots are used globally on a daily basis by different people. It could be students for purposes of learning or on social media platforms to display funny text messages.
A screenshot on HP envy is taken using the print screen button, which is the easiest method; however, it is tiresome. In order to make the process less tiresome and effective, software tools are used. Each application has its own features that differ from the rest.
These software tools include:
- Snipping tool-This is a program used to take a screenshot of a screen in a rectangular manner, and it enables a user to add short notes to it, save and share. Images are then edited using a highlighter or a coloured pen. The pictures are stored in PNG and GIF forms.
- Jing – This is a tool by TechSmith Company for capturing images shared on screencast.com that provides the URL to copy and paste.
- Pic pick is a free editing application with unique features such as brightness with an editor to add comments and arrows.
- VideoProc is a video editing application for gamers, vloggers, and other learning purposes such as presentations for better interaction with their audiences.
- Skitch is a freehand application used to spot areas and blur unique special figures.
How do I do a screenshot on the HP Envy 2020 Laptop?
HP envy 15 2020 laptop has unique and good features such as:
- RAM of 16GB DDR4-2933
- CPU Intel core i7-10750H 6-core.
- Slim frame.
- Powerful mouthpiece.
- Good looking and portable.
- Perfect presentation.
How do I do a screenshot on an HP Envy 2020 laptop?
First, click the button above the backspace called the print screen button labeled as Prt Sc; after pressing the button, a picture of the whole screen will be captured. The above-captured picture should then be pasted into any of the photo editing applications such as MS Paint or Word, which can be easily found on the windows menu.
In order to paste, press Ctrl + v on your laptop keyboard and paste your screenshot in any desired format as you save it.
If the HP envy lacks a print screen, then instead press the Windows key + Shift + key all at the same time, you then identify the part of the screen that you want it to be captured and open a photo editing application such as Microsoft Paint and click on open a new image. Lastly, in order to paste the image, click on Ctrl + v and save it for future reference or any other use.
Where do I find my screenshot taken on HP envy?
Are you worried that you can’t find the screenshot you just took on your HP envy? Well, if you just used the “Print Screen” key, you can proceed by opening MSPaint that you don’t have to install since it comes with your Windows, and then lastly, press CTRL + V (copy-paste).
By doing the above mentioned, you will see your screenshot, and you only need to crop it if necessary or just save it as it is. In a simple way, if you take a screenshot, the screenshot taken will always be available in the clipboard, so you only need to any photo editors applications such as Paint and then paste the picture in the clipboard inside the Paint application.
Again, in some Windows, you can try checking on your Picture Folder; this will vary depending on your default language in your Windows since the folder’s name can change. You can also try checking out your taken screenshots in c/user/(your main user) and exactly in your pictures.
Do you have any picture managing applications installed on your computer? If so, there’s a possibility that they can be in there. Proceed by trying to find their path and if you fail to find them, then try the above-mentioned steps again.
Did you find the screenshots? If your answer is a no, then probably you might be striking the wrong keys as you try to take your screenshots.
How do I take a screenshot with an HP laptop?
You are not alone in asking this particular question since tons and tons of HP users have repeatedly asked this question. So, how do you take a screenshot with the HP laptop? As you read this, there are several methods you can opt for whenever you want to take a screenshot with your HP laptop. We are going to discuss some of these methods so that you can find one or two that easily works for you. So, here we go!
Well, Talk of Screengrabs, screencaps, screenshots, any sort of name that you can call it, this technique allows one to capture an image of his or her computer desktop. Some of the methods that we are going to discuss are not limited to:
- The default way for fullscreen
- The alternative default way for partial screen
- Snipping tool
The default way for fullscreen
For a default way for full screen, you only need to follow these simple steps:
- Start by pressing the Windows key and Print Screen simultaneously to capture your entire screen. Expect your screen to dim for a moment to show that it was a success.
- Proceed by opening an image editing software such as Photoshop, Paint, and any other.
- Open a new image or a blank space and press CTRL + V to paste.
- Lastly, save the image as JPG or even PNG and move it to your preferred folder.
The alternative default way for partial screen
Are you using Windows 10? If so, then try out this! Follow the below steps:
- Press the Windows key + Shift + S simultaneously. Keep in mind that your screen will fade to a white overlay, and expect your cursor to change from a pointed cursor to a crosshair cursor.
- Now choose a given area of your screen where you want to capture. The image will be copied to your clipboard.
- Proceed by opening any image software and paste the image that is available in your clipboard.
- You can now save the image and also move it to your preferred folder.
Regardless of your Windows version, be it Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10, the snipping tool is the most preferred when it comes to taking screenshots. This is because you can choose any size portions of your screen. Follow these few easy steps:
- Open the Snipping tool and press New or CTRL + N.
- With the help of the crosshair cursor, drag the cursor in a rectangular form to screenshot your preferred area.
- Press the disc icon available in the snipping tool to save your screenshot.
I guess you were waiting to hear more about this, right? Few people know much about this application. If you are an avid annotator or even a photo editor, then you need to start using this application. This one expands to even video grabbing that can record a screen rolling. Sounds cool, isn’t that so? Follow these simple steps:
- Download this application and open it.
- At the far top, choose the red circle button to access the screenshot camera.
- Choose the camera icon for a screenshotted picture or the recorder icon for a screenshotted video.
- Select your intended area to capture.
- The image will appear in the Snagit application, and you can edit, annotate, resize, and copy and even save the image directly from there.
How do I take screenshots on a Windows 10 HP laptop?
Are you still stuck on how you can take screenshots on your Windows 10 HP laptop? Did you read the previous paragraph? Several options are already discussed in detail right there, and you only need to go back and try each one of them. Find one or two that best works for you!
My screenshot button is not working on my HP laptop! How do I fix it?
If you are experiencing this, then I’m honestly sorry. Have you tried striking the Windows key + print screen simultaneously, and still it fails? Have you tried it out while on Safe mode? Still not working?
Now, try again using the onscreen keyboard. Did it work?
Sadly, if all the above mentioned quick tips didn’t work for you, then you need to try out the keyboard test from the F2. This is only possible if your unit has UEFI BIOS. If any failure code is generated, then you need to replace the KB as per the warranty.
For you to successfully perform the KB test, follow these steps:
- Restart your pc as you keep on pressing the F2 key
- If you are using this for the first time, it may ask you to select a language. You should then proceed by choosing the component test and then go for the keyboard.
- At this point, you will be asked to choose the kb layout by requesting you to select how many windows button keys are available in your kb. After selecting, you will be asked to press each key one by one, and once you press the key that is on the screen, you will notice a change in color showing that the key is functioning. If you press a key and the color fails to change, then it will provide you with a failure code that shows that something isn’t right with that specific key, and you need to replace the KB for the same.
If all the above mentioned fails, then you can also try updating your BIOS and even your Chipset drovers and even update your Windows to the latest version. Did that help? If still, that fails, then you can download and install a screenshot program that will help you in taking screenshots without the need for the keyboard keys.
Some of these programs include:
- Quick Screen Capture
How can I take a screenshot in HP 360 convertible with Windows 10?
Are you worried about how you can take a screenshot in HP 360 convertible with Windows 10? Well, there isn’t a difference; you can choose to use the Snipping tool or even download other screenshot applications such as:
- Quick Screen Capture
If you can’t download the above-listed applications, you can choose to go the old way by following these steps:
- Start by pressing and holding the Function key (fn) and the Print Screen key simultaneously
- You should then proceed by clicking and dragging to crop the area that you need to capture and then release the mouse
- Go to the start menu and search for Paint and open it. You should then proceed by pressing CTRL + V to paste the taken image.
- Make any edits and then save your image and move it to your desired folder.
After reading this article, you should not be experiencing any problem relating to taking screenshots on your pc. Every step has been discussed in detail, and several other alternatives that may work for you have also been discussed. What are you waiting for? Fix any problem with screenshots and find the best way you can take your screenshot today by re-reading this article carefully! Good luck!
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information published on this website is accurate, the author and owners of this website take no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of relience upon the information contained therein. Furthermore the bulk of the information is derived from information in 2018 and use therefore is at your on risk. In addition you should consult professional advice if required.