Table of Contents
Are you new to CorelDRAW? If so, you must be worried if it’s hard to learn. But before you give up, I’ve got some good news for you! If you’re thinking about how hard CorelDRAW might be, then you need to cease that immediately. The good news is that CorelDRAW is so easy to learn.
Just to explain a little bit further, CorelDRAW tutorials are all over the place; many are free, while others will consume some of your few bucks. The big deal here is that it’s easy to learn, and though it’s not the simplest program, you can do so many vector images when you put things into practice.
In this article, stay tuned for all you should know about CorelDRAW. That said, let’s dive in!
5 Reasons why CorelDRAW is easy to learn
Just as mentioned earlier, there are a number of reasons why CorelDRAW is easy to learn. We are going to list down 5 reasons why you should be completely convinced that learning how to use CorelDRAW is easy. The reasons include:
· Most of CorelDRAW tutorials are free
· There are tons and tons of CorelDRAW tutorials
· The software is user friendly
· Many beginners can explore CorelDRAW on their own
· There is a large online community for CorelDRAW whenever you have questions
5 Reasons why CorelDRAW is hard to learn
With fewer efforts and practice, you may notice that CorelDRAW can also be hard to learn. With this, there is a need to list down some of the potential reasons that may make you realize that CorelDRAW, too, can be hard to learn.
Some of these reasons include:
· Some of the CorelDRAW tutorials are difficult to understand
· Some of the steps are so complex in CorelDRAW
· Some documents are so hard to make with CorelDRAW
· To some, CorelDRAW may not be user friendly
· Some beginners cannot explore CorelDRAW on their own
How long does it take to learn CorelDRAW
Are you planning on how much time you need to dedicate to learning how to use CorelDRAW and move to other things? Well, absolutely, there isn’t any solid or rather accurate time you should spend to learn how to use CorelDRAW.
Learning CorelDRAW will depend on your availability and how much time you have to learn new things each day. The more the availability and time you dedicate, the faster you will get to know much about CorelDRAW. You should also note that if you put less time, you’re not more likely to learn so much about CorelDRAW after a while.
How to learn CorelDRAW step by step
CorelDRAW is so broad, and you might be worried about how you should start. There are several things that you can learn in CorelDRAW. In today’s discussion, we are going to learn how to create a party invitation card. Well, this will be fun. We are going to add text and create some colorful vector images.
Step 1-Create a New Document
1. The first thing you should always do is open a new document, and to do that, you only need to Go to File, Click on New. You can alternatively use the keyboard shortcut to execute this command. The keyboard shortcut is CTRL+N.
2. While in the Create a New Document window, you can make a number of changes. These changes are not limited to:
· Giving your document a name.
· Choosing a page size.
· Leaving CMYK for printing
3. After completing step two above, you can click on the rectangular icon that will turn your page sideways.
4. For instance, our card should have two sides, so we need to create the second page. You will do this by clicking on the bottom left hand of your window. You must have noticed the small ‘+’ icon used to create the second page. You should click it.
Now that we have the two blank pages, we can begin adding some texts and graphics! Sounds fun, right?
Step 2 – Creating a colored background
1. Do you know how to create a colored background? If not, then we need to try it out. To create a colored background in our invitation card, you only need to double-click on the Rectangle tool that is situated in the Toolbox on the left –side of your screen.
2. Usually, when we create a page, we can fill the shape with color. This is done by left-clicking on the color in the Color Palette.
3. Are you thinking about changing the color outline? We can do this by right-clicking on a color in the Color Palette.
4. Another thing that you should know is the no color swatch that is located at the top of the Color Palette. This option allows you to remove the color from an object’s fill or outline.
5. You can also get rid of the outline by right-clicking on the no color swatch. To fill the rectangle with a blue color, you only need to left-click on a color.
6. Is your background moving around when you’re creating other objects? To stop this, you only need to right-click on it and select the Lock Object from your context menu.
Step 3 – Creating basic shapes in CorelDRAW
Well, you will always need to use simple shapes whenever you want to build some of the best documents. In that case, you can draw these shapes using various tools that you will find in the Toolbox. Some other shapes you will have to draw using freehand in CorelDRAW. How does this work? Let’s find out.
The Green Monster
1. All you have to do is click on the Ellipse tool (F7), that is located in the Toolbox, and drag on the page to create an oval shape.
2. Just as mentioned earlier, change the color of the oval by left-clicking on a color in the Color Palette.
3. Change the outline color by right-clicking on the color.
Creating the ears
1. To create the ears, you need to draw another oval using the Ellipse tool and also the Rectangle tool. You should then draw a long, thin rectangle on the top. The next step is to color the larger oval shape.
2. Now, using the Pick tool located at the top of the Toolbox, drag around the two new shapes and then select the Weld icon. This will weld the two new shapes together.
3. The next step is moving the ears over to the large oval and then clicking again on it. You will notice that the square, resizing handles will change to rotation handles. You should then drag on a corner handle to rotate the shape.
4. Well, we need to create the second ear, right? You only need to hit on the ‘+’ key located on your keyboard to create a copy.
5. The next step is dragging the copy into place and using the Mirror horizontally icon in the Property bar. This will flip the object over. Now, move the right ear into the right position.
6. You can also select all the 3 green objects using the Pick tool and weld them together. If you find it difficult to drag the objects around, you can alternatively hold down the SHIFT key then click on each object.
7. From here now, most of the face can just be created using the Ellipse tool (F7). You only need to drag the tool on the page, and it gives you an oval shape. You can also draw a perfect circle by simply holding down the CTRL-key as you drag. You will create all the remaining eyes, nose, and cheeks using the Ellipse tool.
Step 5 – Adding text to our card
The only thing that may remain is adding a text to the front of the card.
1. Select the Text tool (F8) from the Toolbox.
2. You should then click on the page and type in your invitation message.
3. You should then go back to the Pick tool, choose the text, and also the font that you prefer by selecting one from the drop-down list available in the Property bar.
Step 6 – Saving your card
After designing a card or any document, what’s left is only to save it.
1. You need to go to File > Save, and in the Save window, you should save the file as a CDR file if you will want to edit it again in the future.
2. Do you want to print your file? Well, you can still save It as a PDF file. To do this, go to File > Publish to PDF, and in the PDF export window, select the Prepress from the PDF preset drop-down list and lastly click on Save.
From this article, it’s evident that learning how to use CorelDRAW is fun and so easy. What are you still waiting for? Try out this today using the above-mentioned step by step method on how to make an invitation card. Good luck!
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information published on this website is accurate, the author and owners of this website take no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of relience upon the information contained therein. Furthermore the bulk of the information is derived from information in 2018 and use therefore is at your on risk. In addition you should consult professional advice if required.